UH ALERTS will be posted through the following public channels:
- The UH ALERT website: www.uh.edu/emergency
- UH ALERT Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UHAlert/
- UH homepage: http://uh.edu
- UH ALERT Twitter: https://twitter.com/UHAlert
- UH Redline Mobile App
- Twitter’s Fast Follow feature (For more information, see below.)
In addition, anyone can sign up to receive UH ALERT text messages through Twitter’s "Fast Follow" feature.
Twitter Fast Follow
Anyone can sign up to receive UH ALERT text messages through Twitter’s “Fast Follow” feature.
Simply text “follow @UHAlert” to 40404. You will receive a text message confirming your request.
Twitter's "Fast Follow" feature allows you to receive UH ALERTS without signing up for a Twitter account.
Once you have set up "Fast Follow," you can:
- Text "OFF" to 40404 to temporarily stop receiving text message alerts from Twitter.
- Text "ON" to 40404 to begin receiving text message alerts again.
- Text "unfollow UHAlert" to 40404 to stop receiving UH ALERT text messages.
In addition, if you have a Twitter account, you can follow "UHAlert" to see alerts on your Twitter home page. You also have the option to receive alerts via text message through your Twitter account.
UH ALERT Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/UHAlert
*Please note that delivery from Twitter cannot be guaranteed since UH ALERT does not manage this notification outlet.