UH ALERTS will be posted through the following public channels:
- The UH ALERT website: www.uh.edu/emergency
- UH ALERT Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UHAlert/
- UH homepage: http://uh.edu
- UH ALERT Twitter: https://twitter.com/UHAlert
- UH Go Mobile App (must enable "push notifications" for the app on your mobile device)
- Twitter’s Fast Follow feature (For more information, see below.)
In addition, Twitter account holders can sign up to receive UH ALERT text messages through Twitter’s "Fast Follow" feature.
Twitter Fast Follow
In an emergency, UH ALERTS are posted on the UH ALERT Twitter, and Twitter account holders can sign up to receive text messages through Twitter’s “Fast Follow” feature.
Simply text “follow @UHAlert” to 40404. You will receive a text message confirming your request.
If you receive an error message that says the “FOLLOW command is no longer supported,” you need to sign up for a Twitter account and/or link your phone number to your Twitter account. To sign up for Twitter, visit https://twitter.com. Current Twitter account holders can add their phone number to “mobile” properties under “settings and privacy.”
Once you have set up "Fast Follow," you can:
- Text "OFF" to 40404 to temporarily stop receiving text message alerts from Twitter.
- Text "ON" to 40404 to begin receiving text message alerts again.
- Text "unfollow UHALERT" to 40404 to stop receiving UH ALERT text messages.
UH ALERT Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/UHAlert
*Please note that delivery from Twitter cannot be guaranteed since UH ALERT does not manage this notification outlet.